Position Summary: This position provides technical, analytical, quantitative and qualitative support for projects assigned by a 2nd VP or a VP in Actuarial. These projects will generally be related to financial reporting and analysis or product pricing. The incumbent will develop a working knowledge of the suite of products, the actuarial projection system, the general ledger and administration system(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Address policyholder service requests, including in-force illustrations, which are periodically escalated to Actuarial by Customer Service or IT.
- Perform routine data validation and analysis.
- Prepare financial analytics for current period income statements and assist in explanation of variances from prior period results and the current year plan.
- Participate in Axis model development, testing and implementation.
- Assist with the design and pricing of new products.
- Identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve function.
- Prepare financial projections.
- Assist in the quantification of the financial consequences of extreme financial events.
- Assist in projections of asset and liability cash flows and development of investment strategies that maximize return at acceptable levels of risk.
- Develop experience studies and/or use results to develop management strategies to improve financial performance.
- Improve existing processes by reviewing objectives and specifications, and proposing changes.
- Assist in the development of presentations to management, the Board and external parties such as regulators and rating agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science or a related field.
- Successful completion of at least one actuarial examination and a commitment and ability to attain Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Access.
- Some programming experience.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Proactive, can-do attitude.
- Familiarity with actuarial projection software.