Grade: 60 (minimum) through 62 (maximum) depending on experience and education
Reports To: Model Office Supervisor and Sr. Business Analyst
Serve as liaison between business process user areas, management, and systems groups to define process requirements, by analyzing objectives, systems and procedures. Develop and maintain documentation for business requirements and recommendations for improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with business process department personnel to gather functional requirements
- Analyze business functions with sensitivity to process improvement
- Develop and maintain business and process specifications to support department projects
- Convey requirements and specifications to IS development groups
- Participate in solution development and facilitate User Acceptance Testing
- Participate in ALIS/OIPA Support line and resolution of productional issues, including problem policies and cycle errors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Information Systems, related discipline or the equivalent combination of formal education and experience
- Minimum 5 years business experience on cross-functional projects
- Life insurance or testing experience
- Strong analysis skills
- Testing skills or aptitude to develop
- Ability to conceptualize, document and communicate innovative solutions to meet or exceed business objectives
- Ability to create and deliver articulate and effective oral presentations to a variety of audiences
- Participate in working sessions with cross-functional resources
- Review deliverables and provide input/feedback for other analysts and user groups.
- Act as a liaison between the user communities and internal IT resources
- Experience developing business requirements and translating those requirements into functional system requirements.
- Proficiency with MS Office Tools, including Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio, in order to document requirements and customer experience
Drug Free Workplace