Position Summary: Responsibilities to include the initial claim set up and payment of non-contestable life claims in an accurate and timely manner, while maintaining compliance with state regulations, as well as all tasks associated with Regulation 200 and Unclaimed Property Regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes notification of death claims.
- Utilizes various administration/claims systems and policy files to verify benefit information, obtain calculations and verify final payments.
- Responds to telephone and written correspondence regarding routine claims. Includes inquiry calls, providing updates, status on requirements, payment information, etc.
- Reviews beneficiary/claim requirements.
- Routinely process claim payments within predetermined limits in compliance with state regulations. (Face amounts up to $5,000.)
- Approve claim payments within specified limits. (Face amounts up to $5,000.)
- Routinely work on locating beneficiaries and verifying benefits in regards to Regulation 200 and the various state Unclaimed Property Regulations.
- Assist with the state unclaimed property alpha searches as assigned.
- High school graduate or GED, with at least one year of business experience.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work in a fast-paced processing environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient PC skills with the ability to learn and use multiple systems.
- LOMA courses 280 and 290 (online insurance courses) required within three (3) years.
Preferred Qualification: Prior Life Claims or POS experience preferred, but not necessary.
Drug Free Workplace