Position Summary: Review and reconcile commission and 1099 reporting for specific IMOs. Assist Commission Supervisor with quality control check of other agent 1099’s. Perform reviews of agent commission activity to identify risk situations and market conduct issues. Identify and resolve reconciliation items in related commission ledger accounts. Perform testing to ensure accuracy of commission payments. Act as liaison with auditors for commission data. Request, write and test system service requests (JIRAs) for ordinary commission related processes. Provide reports, reconcile and pay agent bonuses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile specific IMO 1099s. Provide monthly reports.
- Review specific IMO commission statements on an ongoing basis to verify that calculations and payments are correct, as outlined in contracts.
- Periodically view commission hierarchy structures for reasonability.
- Perform monthly review of commission to premium ratios. Identify and investigate anomalies and report on results.
- Assist Commission Supervisor with annual quality control review of agent 1099’s.
- Work with auditors, internal and external, to provide data for commission reviews and answer routine questions. Coordinate with other departments to provide back-up documents as necessary.
- Identify and research potential market conduct issues and fraudulent agent activity, and provide senior management with detailed documentation when problem are discovered.
- Research and resolve reconciling items in commission-related general ledger accounts.
- Provide monthly reports to Accounting and Marketing on the status of Ordinary agents who are on track to earn an annual Ordinary Production Incentive Bonus. Coordinate payment of the bonus to qualified agents and complete ledger accounting to record the expense to the correct cost centers.
- Review monthly reports of potential bonus issues and resolve as necessary.
- Provide monthly LOB reporting for agent bonus activity to Financial Reporting.
- Provide monthly report of all unearned agent advance balances to Financial Reporting.
- Coordinate with the Director of Premium & Commission Admin for requesting and writing of commission related system service requests (JIRAs). Coordinate with Project Management staff to test JIRAs. Provide documentation and recommendations to Premium & Commissions Director for approving JIRAs.
- Audit and approve journal entries and check requests up to $5,000
- Provide back-up support for the Commissions Supervisor in regards to ordinary commission issues
- Customer service experience
- Prior accounting, auditing, or banking experience
- Excellent research skills
- Extremely detail-oriented, with a high level of accuracy and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including tact and diplomacy
- Able to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong creative thinking skills
- Self-motivated and inquisitive
- Strong typing and computer skills, including various Microsoft Office software programs such as Word, Excel and Access
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- LOMA Customer Service (ACS) designation
- 2 to 3 years commission, auditing, or accounting experience
- Associates degree in Accounting or related field.