FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: Create a culture of customer relationship building across all CFG departments and drive the organization to work together for optimum customer experience delivery. Manage and direct projects to enhance the experience of the customer (agent, policy owner, insured, beneficiary, CFG employees, etc.) and ensure consistency across all channels of customer interaction and across all products. Create corporate and customer strategy to maximize customer acquisition, experience and retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating a positive customer friendly message in all outgoing correspondence, both system generated and personally produced letters. Work with department managers to ensure proper customer friendly tone and limited usage of insurance jargon or otherwise confusing language.
- Work with externally-facing employee groups to develop telephone greetings and scripts for common interactions between front-line CFG employees and customers, and work with training department to prepare training material for CFG personnel on excellence in telephone etiquette.
- Develop a formal process for soliciting, capturing and analyzing customer feedback through multiple avenues, including service and product reviews, surveys, focus groups and direct contact. Using this data, establish metrics for defining the relationship with customers, both internal and external, and work collaboratively across the organization to initiate changes and improvements.
- Research the cost and benefit of using social media as an additional tool to attract and communicate with customers, potential agents and employees. Develop a long-term strategy for use of social media to improve customer retention and generate sales.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the customer journey and transactions and monitor all touch points for possible improvement/enhancement. Take lead role in executing on improvements.
- Anticipate and proactively assist in responding to workflow problems across the organization which have the potential to impact CFG’s customers. Notify and work with appropriate managers for assistance with resolving these potential issues. Appropriately communicate with customers as necessary.
- Partner with all departments to drive improved and effective two-way communication and understanding across the organization and between departments and locations with the goals of more efficient service, fewer customer complaints, shorter customer interactions, and improved processes.
- Direct the development of CFG’s agent and policy owner web portals to ensure proper look and performance to enhance the opportunity for a satisfying interaction by our customers.
- Create customer retention protocols; take ownership of customers’ issues and follow problems through to resolution.
- Assume leading role in special projects and partnering with all departments to ensure that all service is delivered according to CFG’s brand frame and service excellence standards.
- 10 years of experience in life insurance and/or customer service functions
- College degree or equivalent
- Proven track record of building relationships and leading change
- Proven track record of working across functional areas and executing on goals and priorities
- Customer orientation; the ability to seek out, understand and respond to the needs of internal and external customers
- Excellent written, verbal and telephone communication skills with the ability to influence outcomes
- Familiarity with social media outlets
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint
- Some travel required
Preferred Qualifications (recommended, but not essential)
- LOMA or other life insurance industry related designations/certifications, such as FLMI or ACS
- Experience as a life insurance agent
- Management-level experience in life insurance operations or a call center environment
- Supervisory experience