Position Summary Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities to facilitate the efficient operation of the Legal Department and Corporate Secretary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls.
- Schedule appointments, photocopy, prepare memoranda and correspondence, file, and produce final documents for signature and mailing.
- Keep Legal Department organizers and diaries current.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming departmental mail.
- Maintain office supply inventory and legal library.
- Update form letters for future use.
- Using Microsoft Office to prepare reports, presentations and databases.
- Reserve and prepare rooms for meetings, including making coffee, ordering food, setting up meal services, setting up kitchen area and cleaning up, if necessary.
- Make travel reservations. Prepare and submit expense vouchers.
- Manage Legal billing.
- Manage bankruptcies, levies and garnishments.
- Manage advertising submissions and log files.
- Prior clerical/administrative assistant background/experience – 2 years preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Lotus Organizer, Power Point & the Internet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Attention to detail.
Preferred Qualifications Self-motivated; flexible