Position Summary: This position is responsible for a range of activities related to the oversight and coordination of the daily operations of the Licensing Department. Remote employment acceptable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Have a thorough understanding of all procedures, guidelines, processes and systems within the department.
- Oversee supervision of Licensing and Contracting daily operations to ensure timely workflow and ensuring any needed adjustments ae made to meet business needs.
- Be a knowledgeable point of contact for agents, GAs, and RSDs. Assist management with high priority requests from these groups..
- Instruct licensing reps, make decisions regarding processes and problems, and assist the team with questions regarding all licensing procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all state licensing regulations and guidelines when received. Assure that the team is kept aware of changes and knowledgeable of all state regulations.
- Creation and maintenance of new commission schedules.
- Develop and maintain the department’s licensing procedure manuals, keeping them current and in compliance at all times.
- Responsible for the training of new employees and cross training of current team members
- Work with all marketing management in identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Take a lead role in department projects, learning and/or developing new processes.
- Act as liaison between licensing and all other departments, helping to coordinate communication and ensure the timely resolution of issues requiring the resources of multiple areas of the company.
- Distribute and control the workflow within the department for any tempoarary staff.
- Work with all outside vendors including, but not limited to, Sircon/Vertafore, Vector, IPC and all state insurance departments.
- Serve as key contact for all licensing-related JIRAs.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Proficient in Word and Excel, and working knowledge of Access.
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume area. Willingness to help out with overtime when the need arises.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills. Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Able to make decisions and/or work with minimal direct supervision
- Previous team lead or supervisory experience preferred but not required.
- In-depth knowledge of all licensing department procedures and processes.
Drug Free Workplace