Position Summary: Handle and process all aspects of contracting and licensing Agents and General Agents in a resident and non-resident capacity in all states with the State Insurance Departments. This position is responsible for the entry of all the agent records on the systems currently in use, along with related process of licensing, terminating or transferring agents.
- Prepare and initiate proper contracts, commission schedules, hierarchy forms and advance agreements to set up an agent for a particular market class, role and division.
- Order the background credit report and Vector check for the agent and check all pertinent files to include previous agent records and market conduct data base imaging file history.
- Appoint the agents with the proper State Insurance Departments, following all guidelines and regulations as they apply to a particular state.
- Have a good understanding of agency systems to create and build agent records, including the creation of the agents’ hierarchies, commission data, licenses, addresses, and any other items crucial to the agents’ information enabling us to pay commissions to the agent and all applicable up-lines.
- Have a good understanding of all market classes and the specific guidelines and exceptions that apply to a particular market or group when creating the agent records.
- Process all termination requests, transfers or reinstatements received from agents.
- Process and update all state license renewals and update records as appropriate.
- Prepare and adjust commission advances, hierarchy changes and commission styles on all agent records as needed.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume area.
- Proficient typing skills with extreme accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting with minimal oversight.
- Critical thinking skills.
EOE/Drug Free Workplace