Position Summary: Handle incoming premium including processing payments and scanning checks to the bank via remote deposit capture. Provide customer service for policyowners and agents for policies on the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) method of payment. Answer phones and respond to customer requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily data entry of premium batches into policy administration system ensuring all batches balance to previously determined totals.
- Responsible for scanning the daily deposit to the bank via remote deposit capture verifying grand total agrees with expected cash deposit.
- Answer Premium and EFT related calls coming through both the Syracuse Accounting and Binghamton Premium Administration (Overflow) hunt group queues and service customer EFT billing requests for policies on various administration systems. Handle any necessary processing and correspondence including manual EFT drafting.
- Assist the Premium Administration team with EFT changes assigned through workflow on a regular basis.
- Process returns of electronic funds transfers for various reasons, review system generated letters for accuracy, and ensure timely follow up for proper future billing.
- Review loan interest due bills generated by system daily for minimal amounts. Review loans for accuracy.
- Prepare cover memos and voucher to be sent with monthly Fastlink manual commissions.
- Send letters when notified by the Home Office of stale-dated Syracuse checks and note in the suspense database. Follow up on a timely basis and provide information to Home Office to escheat funds to the state when no response is received.
- Typing and basic computer skills – Excel and Word
- Strong verbal, written and organization skills
- Team player
- Prior customer service experience
- Prior bookkeeping, banking or cash handling experience
$28,870 (minimum) $36,087 (mid) $43,305 (maximum)
Drug Free Workplace