We are looking for a Preneed Customer Service Representative in our Binghamton office.
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Salary/Grade: Grade: Currently Under Revision
Position Summary: Responsibilities to include an initial concentration in either New Business or Claims along with routine policy administration work. Must develop a basic understanding of all three areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for reviewing new applications for the correct state forms, product specifications, assignments, regulatory compliance by state and agent licensing.
- Make calls to verify or secure missing or incomplete application information.
- Accurate and timely input of applications and issuing of new policies.
- Establishes notifications of death claims.
- Utilize various administration/claim systems and policy files to verify benefit information, obtain calculations and verify final payments.
- Reviews beneficiary/claim requirements according to state regulations.
- Routinely process non-contestable Preneed life and annuity claim payments within predetermined limits in an accurate and timely manner while maintaining compliance with state regulations.
- Approve claim payments and other cash disbursements within specified limits. (Face amounts up to $5,000.00).
- Routinely follow-up for post claim payment requirements.
- Routinely process address, beneficiary, ownership and third party designee changes; duplicate policies and policy certificates; values requests; cash disbursements for surrenders, loans, and maturity payouts as well as additional deposits.
- Handle a high volume of telephone calls and respond appropriately to agent and policyholder requests. This includes inquiry calls, providing updates, status on requirements, and payment information.
High school graduate or GED
One year of business experience
Ability to work independently and prioritize work in a fast paced processing environment.
Ability to multi-task with attention to detail.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Proficient PC skills with the ability to learn and use multiple systems.
LOMA courses 280 and 290 required within 2 years of hire (on line insurance courses).
Preferred Qualifications: Prior life claims, new business or customer service experience.
Drug Free Workplace