Department: Model Office
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $42,654 (min) $54,685 (mid) $66,716 (max)
Position Summary: Quality Assurance Analyst responsible for testing phase of code/configuration releases to production systems with the primary focus on OIPA and Insurance Elements. Ensure software releases meet the quality, usability and functional expectations set forth by the business. Develop and support the planning, design and execution of test plans and test scripts, while adhering to accepted testing practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement testing strategy and test plans based on system specifications, business requirements or user stories
- Collaborate with BAs, Business User, Configuration and Development teams to understand business process, source systems and data flow in order to clarify and refine requirements and prioritize test scenarios.
- Create test plans with testing scenarios and detailed testing steps
- Execute test cases and document results as compared to expected results
- Report testing observations, including documenting software failures
- Work with developers and configurators to triage defects
- Build, support and maintain effective and efficient regression strategy and test plans using appropriate testing tools
- Identify ways to improve test process and efficiencies over time
- Participate in solution development, coordinate and facilitate User Acceptance Testing and User Acceptance Review
- Participate in ALIS/OIPA Support line and resolution of productional issues, including problem policies and cycle errors.
- Life insurance background
- Life insurance policy administration system experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies and frequent releases
- Experience with SQL queries
- Current knowledge of software test lifecycle, defect lifecycle, test design and testing methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Information Systems, related discipline or the equivalent combination of formal education and experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years business experience in a software-type testing role
- Life insurance or software testing experience
- Proficiency in manual testing tools and technologies
Knowledge, Technology, Skills, Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Extensive testing skills or aptitude to develop
- Ability to conceptualize, document and communicate innovative solutions to meet or exceed business objectives
- Participate in working sessions with cross-functional resources
- Act as a liaison between the user communities and internal IT resources
- Proficiency with MS Office Tools, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- At least 3 years of experience with business processes at an insurance company.
- Insurance Industry education; LOMA, American College, etc.
Drug Free Workplace