Position Summary: Develops, designs and administers internal audit policy. Partners with business units to review, analyze, develop and implement process improvement changes. Oversees and conducts audits to assess the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records and efficiency of company operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops a vision for the internal audit function that includes risk analysis and identification of the key roles of the Internal Audit Department, while building partnerships within the various departments to improve process effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Reviews controls and procedures to identify potential weaknesses. Analyzes data to identify deficiencies, duplication, or lack of compliance and makes recommendations to improve and streamline efforts.
- Recommends internal audit policy. Priorities are set by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors (Audit Committee) and presents reports documenting the procedures and findings to this committee. Build rapport with members of Audit Committee and provides answers to audit report questions from the Audit Committee.
- Provides information and educates senior management on industry best practices with regard to procedures, controls, system security, cash management, fraud prevention, etc. Forms alliances with the business units and serves as an advisor within the company to the business units to implement and optimize change.
- Examines and assesses department activities for compliance with policies and procedures, privacy safeguards, security for all data systems and regulatory compliance. Reviews controls at multiple locations.
- Support due diligence initiatives and integration of new lines of business/companies in merger activities.
- Reduce outside audit fees by identifying and supporting tasks currently being completed by outside auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA, highly preferred. Or, CPA in progress with anticipated completion within 2 years.
- Minimum of five (5) years combined audit/life insurance industry experience, preferable some experience in internal audit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Well networked within the life insurance/financial services industry.
EOE/Drug Free Workplace
To apply via email click: