Position Summary: This position provides project leadership, as well as technical, analytical, quantitative and qualitative support, for projects assigned by the Appointed Actuary. These projects will generally be related to financial reporting and analysis, as well as financial modeling. The incumbent will have a strong working knowledge of statutory financial statements and regulatory valuation requirements. The incumbent will also have strong leadership capabilities, managing both staff and projects through time sensitive deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the financial reporting schedule.
- Review and/or prepare the supporting work papers for monthly valuation, as well as quarterly and annual submission to regulators.
- Manage the actuarial financial close process and the regulatory reporting deadlines.
- Work closely with auditors and examiners to support the annual audit and triennial state examinations.
- Review and/or prepare financial analytics for current period income statements and assist in explanation of variances from prior period results and the current year plan.
- Review and/or prepare financial projections.
- Assist with reinsurance design, implementation, analysis and administration as required.
- Develop and maintain models used for valuation and cash flow projections.
- Assist in the quantification of the financial consequences of extreme financial events.
- Assist in projections of asset and liability cash flows and development of strategic initiatives that maximize return at acceptable levels of risk.
- Use experience study results to develop management strategies to improve financial performance.
- Assist in the development of presentations to management, the Board and external parties such as regulators and rating agencies.
- Proven management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science or a related field.
- Working knowledge of GGY AXIS modeling software.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Access.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Proactive, can-do attitude.
- Independent starter.
- Adherence to deadlines.
- Able to work extra hours as required – especially at year-end.
Drug Free Workplace