Position Summary: Supervise Sales & Marketing staff at Syracuse location. Provide sales and marketing support to new and established field force by creating understanding and visibility of company products, policies and procedures. Help to mold the development of the growing field force through direct interaction with the producers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, direct, and mentor Sales & Marketing Representatives in the Syracuse location. Handle all supervision duties for that group as directed by company policy.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of company product specifications, so that this knowledge can be shared with the field force for their continued development.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the different markets that the company focuses on and the differences/similarities in the interactions with the producers in those markets.
- Process premium quotes and product illustrations with recommendations for modifications and enhancements when necessary. Help to train the SYR Sales Support staff and provide software technical support to field when necessary.
- Provide Sales & Marketing materials and any other necessary forms for sales to the field. Assist the producer in the understanding of the documents and how to use properly.
- Interact with Regional Sales Directors to provide requested sales support. Act as liaison between RSDs and various internal departments.
- Engage in self-development with ongoing life insurance industry practices, company products and practices and the same of affiliates and competitors.
- Associates Degree or like work experience.
- Willing to develop a working knowledge of CFG products.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent language skills for both verbal and written communication. (Strong telephone communication skills and accurate keyboarding skills a must.)
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently, to balance, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Strong listening skills, problem solving skills and critical thinking skills.
- Handle tasks with confidentiality when appropriate.
- Two or more years of supervisory experience.
- Two or more years of experience working in a life insurance or marketing environment or in an office environment providing life insurance-related service
Drug Free Workplace