Position Summary: Responsible for various tasks related to the maintenance of hardware, software, phone system and servers. In addition, this position will assist other network and system administrators in the maintenance of corporate computer equipment and related hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration of the corporate LAN and Active Directory Domain.
- Firewall administration.
- Handling escalated helpdesk tickets.
- Training and mentoring of helpdesk staff.
- Responding to interoffice technical support requests, providing technical consultation to all corporate helpdesk staff, users and general agents. Troubleshooting various hardware, software, and user-related problems in a timely and responsive manner.
- Security administration, including, but not limited to, Active Directory.
- Server backup maintenance, including data restoration.
- PC hardware/software installation and configuration, including workstation transfers.
- Implementation of pro-active environment monitoring.
- Five years of experience in Windows server and phone system administration.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Detailed knowledge of computer hardware, common software and operating system applications, Windows Servers, DNS, DHCP, anti-virus malware suites, routing and remote access and Active Director/NTFS security.
- Knowledge of VDI and VMWare.
- Must possess excellent analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ability to work remotely with external clients through a variety of remote access tools.
- Must work well with others.
- Two-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Active Directory administration for user and computer accounts.
- Cisco phone system administration.
- Windows 7 professional and Windows 10.
- Group Policy administration.
- Script writing changes for user login.
- MS Office products including on prem and 365.
- Knowledge of Hyper-V.
- Lotus Notes, Security, Administration and user configuration.
- Symantec Antivirus email and encryption suites.
- VPN, Remote Desktop Connection, LogMeIn123, GoToMeeting, Webex.
- Troubleshoot networking, resolving DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP issues.
- Support handheld devices (including Smart Phones/iPads) and associated applications.
- Support network printers and multifunction devices.
- Must demonstrate patience and project a professional image.