Columbian's Simple Security Whole Life plan is whole life insurance designed for people who buy small amounts of insurance and may need to have their premiums collected by an agent. Simple Security has premiums payable for the lifetime of the insured. The plan is available in amounts from $5,000 to $15,000 for issue ages 0 to 49 and in amounts from $2,500 to $15,000 for issue ages 50 to 85.
The wide variety of riders available make it easy to customize the coverage to fit the needs of most families:
- The Common Carrier Accidental Death Benefit Rider is automatically included at no additional premium for policies issued to insureds age 25 to 75. If injury causing death is sustained while the insured is a fare-paying passenger in a public transit vehicle, the death benefit is doubled.
- The Accidental Death Benefit Rider provides an additional death benefit equal to the face amount of the base policy, payable for accidental death of the insured while the rider is in effect.
- The Children's Insurance Rider provides $1,000 to $15,000 of level term insurance on a child, grandchild or great grandchild of the primary insured. Up to 20 riders may be attached to a policy. The rider may be converted to permanent insurance without evidence of insurability between the ages of 22 to 25 or on the date rider coverage ends.
- The Primary Insured Term to Age 65 Rider provides level term coverage on the Primary Insured to age 65. The rider may be converted to permanent insurance without evidence of insurability, regardless of changes to the insured's health.
- The Other Insured Rider Term to Age 85 Rider provides level term coverage on one additional person in whom the Primary Insured has an insurable interest. The rider may be converted to permanent insurance without evidence of insurability, regardless of changes to the Other Insured's health.
- The Waiver of Premium Rider waives payment of premiums after six months of total and continuous disability, if the disability occurs while the rider is in effect.
Interested in learning more? Contact us!
This describes Policy/Rider Form Nos. 2F404A, 2F404-CL, 1H871A, 1H871-CL, 1H884A, 1H884-CL, 1H915B, 1H915-CL, 1H906B, 1H916-CL, 1H932A, 1H932-CL, 1H935A, 1H935-CL, 1H936A and 1H936-CL or state variation. Policy/Rider specifications and availability may vary by state.