We are recruiting for a Technician III in our Binghamton office.
Salary Range: $51,612 (min) $66,169 (mid) $80,725) (max)
Position Summary Under the general supervision of the Helpdesk Supervisor and the Infrastructure Team Manager, provides Helpdesk administration and perform assigned system administration duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Configuration, installation, setup and troubleshooting of user workstations, peripheral devices, including network equipment.
- Work with vendors and users to acquire, configure, deliver and assist users with cell phones, tablets and other mobile devices Participate in network expansion; oversee moves, additions, and changes.
- Maintain workstation, peripheral device, and network documentation and equipment inventory.
- Provide Helpdesk support for all internal and external clients. (including Agents)
- Performs necessary clerical functions and maintain user documentation.
- Experience in troubleshooting workstation hardware, software, and network equipment.
- Experience with installing and maintaining desktop software applications.
- 4 year technical degree or equivalent work experience.
- Detailed knowledge of computer hardware and common software applications (MS Windows, AIX/Linux, MS Office products, Active Directory, Lotus Notes, Symantec Antivirus, etc.).
- Must possess excellent analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ability to work remotely through VPN, Remote Desktop Connection, or LogMeIn applications for external clients.
- Must work well with others.
- Competent understanding and working knowledge in the following areas
- Windows Server, (2019, 2016, 2012, 2008) support experience.
- VMWare/Horizon VDI support experience.
- Windows 10 support experience.
- AIX, Linux, iOS and Android
- MS Office products, 2010 to current
- Lotus Notes, Office 365 Security and Administration.
- Antivirus Software
- Bit Locker Encryption software
- Remote support – Logmein123
- Networking, TCP/IP
- Handheld Server/Devices (including Smart Phones/Tablets) and associated applications
- Phone System support experience
- Must demonstrate patience and project a professional image.